Canadian actor and producer Ryan Gosling is adored by millions worldwide. He started out on The Mickey Mouse Club with the likes of Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake, and is now one of Hollywood’s leading actors. Here are 9 things you never knew about him
1- The worst thing anyone could possibly call him is a ‘dumb hipster’
2. He once opened a Moroccan restaurant in LA called Tagine, though it ended up making him bankrupt
3. He was supposed to play Jack Salmon in The Lovely Bones but was fired because he showed up for filming having gained 60 lbs and sporting a beard, which director Peter Jackson didn’t think would suit the character; the part went to Mark Wahlberg
4. In 2007 he spent two months living completely off the grid in a tent in the woods; producer of Fracture had trouble delivering the film’s script to him because of this
5. Though he’s got a reputation for his good looks, he was cast in The Notebook because the director didn’t think he was good looking. The director’s exact words were, according to Ryan Gosling, ” I want you to play this role because you’re not like the other young actors out there in Hollywood. You’re not handsome, you’re not cool, you’re just a regular guy who looks a bit nuts.’
6. His favourite place to visit is Disneyland; he avoids attention by wearing headphones and a hat
7. For six months while shooting The Mickey Mouse Club, his legal guardian was none other than Justin Timberlake’s mother
8. When he was younger, he used to act as assistant and security guard for his uncle, who was an Elvis impersonator
9. He could have been the sixth member of The Backstreet Boys but turned it down because he thought they were too much of a rip-off of New Kids to be successful
#10 Ryan once bought out the entire Girl Scout Cookie stand and distributed them out to people.
#11 After watching First Blood during childhood he filled a whole Fisher-Price Magic kit with knives and forks and threw them at kids during recess at school. You can see that’s he was nicknamed “trouble.”
#12 When he was a kid, he could deliver the best rendition of “Everybody Dance Now” during childhood.
#13 Britney Spears and Ryan Gosling used to play spin the bottle together they both had their wins and loses.
#14 The car that was used in his movie drive was actually built by him.
#15 Ryan Gosling has a sister Mandi Gosling who produced Miss Advised 2012 and Dateline NBC 1992.
#16 At the age of 12, he acted in episodes ofGoosebumps and Are You Afraid of The Dark.
#17 He tried to give himself a tattoo with a tattoo kit that looked like a cactus though it was supposed to look like a Bloody Monster’s Hand.
“One of my tattoos is supposed to be a monster’s hand dropping a bloody heart but I did it myself with a tattoo kit so it looks like a cactus”
#18 He strongly advocates anti-cow dehorning
#19 After The Notebook he start working at a sandwich restaurant
#20 He saved a woman in real
#21 Ryan Gosling produced and narrated a documentary about the youth called ReGENERATION in 2012.
#22 His band called Dead Man’s Bones where he sings and the songs are all about paranormal phenomena.
#23 There is a sushi restaurant’s bathroom devoted to him in San Diego
#24 Ryan Gosling is an awesome jazz guitarist that you would love to listen to any day.
#25 He is an actual real good person to be with.
#26 Ryan dated Sandra Bullock back in 2002–2003 she was 16 year his senior.
#27 He praised Sandra Bullock and Rachel McAdams to be the best people in his life before Eva Mendes
“I had two of the greatest girlfriends of all time. I haven’t met anybody who could top them.” He said in 2011.